ConQuest Peptide Builder
Clicking on Peptide produces a box where you can build your peptide from various Amino Acid Residues.
- Some of the amino acids are non-standard; leave the cursor over a button to get a display of the full chemical name.
- By default, both cyclic and acyclic peptide sequences will be found. This can be altered by using the buttons in the Cyclicity section of the dialogue box. For example, only acyclic peptides will be found with the following setting:
Click on one of the buttons below to see the other Build Queries input forms:-
- The buttons underneath Next bond is can be used to specify whether the next residue to be added is to be linked by a Normal peptide bond, a Non-peptide bond, or Either. A peptide bond is defined as a link between the C=O group bound to the alpha-carbon of one of the residues and the NH group bound to the alpha-carbon of the next residue.
The small 'm' or 'e' above the bond indicates Non-peptide or either respectively.
- A residue can be deleted from a sequence by right-clicking on it and selecting Delete from the resulting pull-down menu.
- A residue in a sequence can be changed by right-clicking on it, selecting Replace by in the resulting pull-down menu, and then Residues in the next menu. This produces a series of menus from which the desired amino acid can be selected. Alternatively, hitting Replace by followed by Other or User defined allows selection of a variable amino acid type.
- A bond in a sequence can be changed to a different type (i.e. peptide, non-peptide or either) by right-clicking on it, selecting Modify in the resulting pull-down menu, and then picking the required type.
- Variable residues can be defined and included in the sequence, if desired.