This page remains available mainly as an historical document
Most or all of the features are no longer available via the CDS/DL
website since provision of the EPSRC UK national Chemical Database
Service has been taken over by the Royal Society of Chemistry from 1st
Some related features may be available via the RSC/CSD portal.
For details of what is currently available on the CDS/DL website and
also links to the RSC/CDS portal follow the link to the CDS/DL Homepage.
The information below was produced before January 2013 and may be
incorrect at the present time.
Mercury - a structure visualisation program
Mercury offers comprehensive facilities for visualising crystal structures in
Additionally, Mercury offers;
- full range of structure display styles, view directions, colours and structure
- location and display of hydrogen bonding and other short contacts
- ability to build and visualise a network of contacts
- packing diagrams of single and multiple cell contents
- measurement and display of geometrical parameters
- display of centroids, least-squares mean planes and Miller planes
- ability to generate and display slices through a crystal in any direction
- downloading of hit lists from ConQuest
- browsing of the entire CSD
or of in-house databases
- import of structures in other formats
- the ability to save displays
More information about Mercury can be found at the CCDC
site, and on-line
documentation is available.